Mid Wales Local Attractions
There are many local attractions to visit at your leisure:
- Elan Valley Dams at Rhayader
- The famous bookshops of Hay-on-Wye
- Judge’s Lodging Museum at Presteigne
- The old spa town of Llandrindod Wells
- Water-Break-its-Neck at New Radnor
- Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Centre in Kington
And for the more energetic and adventurous:
- Walking on the Offas Dyke Trail and the Brecon Beacons
- Canoeing on the River Wye
- Birdwatching at the Red Kite Feeding Station
- Golfing, Mountain Biking, Paragliding, Fishing & Horse Riding
The Elan Valley Estate is an area of spectacular beauty and abundant wildlife right in the heart of mid Wales.
Enjoy a few hours of pure simple pleasure in an enchanting place where the rest of the world just doesn’t seem to exist.
Wild Red Kites are fed at Gigrin Farm every day of the year.
With breathtaking feats of aerial piracy red kites compete with buzzards and ravens for choice pickings.
Feeding takes place at 3pm in summer & 2pm winter.